Plenty of acts take their sweet time to release a debut studio album, but MHz Legacy road onto record store shelves has been an exceptionally long, arduous one. A decade and a half after their formtation, and sans founding member Camu Tao, whose life was claimed by lung cancer in 2008, the Def Jux supergroup are poised to drop their freshman set. Dedicated to Tao’s memory, new single Satisfied finds underground vet RJD2 serving up an instrumental with a “mellow, slow-roller type of vibe” as crew member Copywrite delivers witty, laid-back bars, capping his verse off with a playful reference to Atmosphere lyricist Slug contributes guest bars on the front. Like what you’re hearing? Then click here to pre-order MHz Legacy’s self-titled debut set, set to hit record stores and online retailers next Tuesday, October 30.
Written by richard on 10/24/12
Submit your Rating
Man Bites Dog Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Yellow + Blue" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.