How do you make a record like Wild Boy, the current street single from Machine Gun Kelly, even wilder? Well, you could play it on leopard-print vinyl, while wearing a ghillie suit, in the middle of the Amazon rainforest. Or you could just take the traditional route and release an official remix featuring a grip of high-profile collaborators. Fortunately for all of us, the Cleveland buzzmaker’s decided to go the latter route. On this version of the record, original guest Waka Flocka is jettisoned to make way for four brand new features. Over GB Hitz’ bombastic synth boardwork, MGK is joined on the mic by the ubiquitous 2 Chainz, Maybach repper Meek Mill, Bronx baller French Montana and Memphis veteran Yo Gotti. This is normally where I’d ask whether you prefer this version of the record or the original, but honestly, I’m not sure how you could not view this remix as an upgrade. As for who spit the best verse, I’ll leave it to y’all to decide. Whatever your opinion you’ll be able to hear this joint and much more on MGK’s Half Naked and Almost Famous EP, dropping March 20.
Written by richard on 03/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Me Alone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.