How do you make a record like Wild Boy, the current street single from Machine Gun Kelly, even wilder? Well, you could play it on leopard-print vinyl, while wearing a ghillie suit, in the middle of the Amazon rainforest. Or you could just take the traditional route and release an official remix featuring a grip of high-profile collaborators. Fortunately for all of us, the Cleveland buzzmaker’s decided to go the latter route. On this version of the record, original guest Waka Flocka is jettisoned to make way for four brand new features. Over GB Hitz’ bombastic synth boardwork, MGK is joined on the mic by the ubiquitous 2 Chainz, Maybach repper Meek Mill, Bronx baller French Montana and Memphis veteran Yo Gotti. This is normally where I’d ask whether you prefer this version of the record or the original, but honestly, I’m not sure how you could not view this remix as an upgrade. As for who spit the best verse, I’ll leave it to y’all to decide. Whatever your opinion you’ll be able to hear this joint and much more on MGK’s Half Naked and Almost Famous EP, dropping March 20.
Written by richard on 03/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Me Alone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)