With the lyrical ammunition Machine Gun Kelly‘s been spraying across the hip-hop blogosphere for the past couple years, I find it hard to believe that any tuned-in head could be unaware of the Cleveland representatives impending takeover of the game. If you happen not to have gotten the memo, however, you can consider his latest feature a Warning Shot across your figurative bow. Originally included on compilation Bad Boy Presents the Preview but repurposed for inclusion on the artist’s forthcoming solo EP, this joint finds MGK rocking the mic like a man with something to prove. Jonathan “J.R.” Rotem handles production, serving up an unusually aggressive synth-soaked backdrop for verses which find the freestyle alum positioning himself among the game’s greats: “‘Cause I wreck sh*t can’t tame me, I’m Eminem and I’m Jay-Z / I’m the renegade of this rap sh*t, me and all my boys like A Team.” (He also compares himself, for reasons that I can’t fathom, to Mötley Crüe bassist Nikki Sixx.) Bad Boy labelmate Cassie guests, echoing the headliner’s lofty sentiments on the chorus. Now that you’ve officially been warned, are you craving more? You don’t have long to wait: Half Naked and Almost Famous is scheduled to hit online retailers tomorrow, March 20.
Written by richard on 03/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Me Alone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)