When he’s not getting arrested for instigating flash mobs, jumping off stages into the arms of an adoring fan base or signing contracts with Diddy, industry upstart Machine Gun Kelly is actually in the studio making music. Case in point new release STFU, a cut that’s sure to inspire no shortage of comments from both lovers and haters (looks like Kelly already has a response ready for the haters). Producers The Fans create an unlikely alliance between hip-hop and the Go-Gos by flipping the latter’s hit single We Got the Beat into a pounding, head banging beat that’s power is in its simplicity. From there it’s all MGK all the time as he addresses the hoards of people crowding the life of a burgeoning celebrity, from hangers-on trying to get a puff of his weed to groupies wrongly convinced they can rush the stage. Whatever you think, STFU is Machine Gun Kelly to the core, and that’s exactly what his fans demand. His first release since last year’s break through project Lace Up, MGK’s new album Rage Pack is due to arrive tomorrow, October 14.
Listen to More: MGK (Machine Gun Kelly) Written by Nathan S.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Me Alone" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.