When he’s not getting arrested for instigating flash mobs, jumping off stages into the arms of an adoring fan base or signing contracts with Diddy, industry upstart Machine Gun Kelly is actually in the studio making music. Case in point new release STFU, a cut that’s sure to inspire no shortage of comments from both lovers and haters (looks like Kelly already has a response ready for the haters). Producers The Fans create an unlikely alliance between hip-hop and the Go-Gos by flipping the latter’s hit single We Got the Beat into a pounding, head banging beat that’s power is in its simplicity. From there it’s all MGK all the time as he addresses the hoards of people crowding the life of a burgeoning celebrity, from hangers-on trying to get a puff of his weed to groupies wrongly convinced they can rush the stage. Whatever you think, STFU is Machine Gun Kelly to the core, and that’s exactly what his fans demand. His first release since last year’s break through project Lace Up, MGK’s new album Rage Pack is due to arrive tomorrow, October 14.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Me Alone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.