When he’s not getting arrested for instigating flash mobs, jumping off stages into the arms of an adoring fan base or signing contracts with Diddy, industry upstart Machine Gun Kelly is actually in the studio making music. Case in point new release STFU, a cut that’s sure to inspire no shortage of comments from both lovers and haters (looks like Kelly already has a response ready for the haters). Producers The Fans create an unlikely alliance between hip-hop and the Go-Gos by flipping the latter’s hit single We Got the Beat into a pounding, head banging beat that’s power is in its simplicity. From there it’s all MGK all the time as he addresses the hoards of people crowding the life of a burgeoning celebrity, from hangers-on trying to get a puff of his weed to groupies wrongly convinced they can rush the stage. Whatever you think, STFU is Machine Gun Kelly to the core, and that’s exactly what his fans demand. His first release since last year’s break through project Lace Up, MGK’s new album Rage Pack is due to arrive tomorrow, October 14.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Me Alone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.