Back in 2009, when Mike Posner paid tribute to his Drug Dealer Girl on a hit record off his debut street album, he was too taken with the female in question to consider the potential hazards of their arrangement. With new mixtape single On Fire, MGK picks up where the Duke University grad left off, showing listeners the dark side of constant exposure to temptations—both chemical and erotic. Flowing over a backdrop of swirling synths, Chipmunk samples and ominously throbbing bass (contributed by Posner along with a raspy chorus), Kelly details how his doubts about the woman in question melted away under the force of her considerable charms, as well as her access to illicit substances. Unfortunately, her motivations turn out to be less than pure; in the middle of a marathon bedroom session, she reveals herself as a black widow, gloating over her conquest as the rapper’s body goes numb: “I’m the same one sellin’ O-Z’s to Mike P. and the one who made you O.D.” Melodramatic? Just a touch. Dope? Most definitely. If you’re fiending for more, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of Kelly’s #RagePack street album.
Written by richard on 10/9/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Me Alone" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.