Back in 2009, when Mike Posner paid tribute to his Drug Dealer Girl on a hit record off his debut street album, he was too taken with the female in question to consider the potential hazards of their arrangement. With new mixtape single On Fire, MGK picks up where the Duke University grad left off, showing listeners the dark side of constant exposure to temptations—both chemical and erotic. Flowing over a backdrop of swirling synths, Chipmunk samples and ominously throbbing bass (contributed by Posner along with a raspy chorus), Kelly details how his doubts about the woman in question melted away under the force of her considerable charms, as well as her access to illicit substances. Unfortunately, her motivations turn out to be less than pure; in the middle of a marathon bedroom session, she reveals herself as a black widow, gloating over her conquest as the rapper’s body goes numb: “I’m the same one sellin’ O-Z’s to Mike P. and the one who made you O.D.” Melodramatic? Just a touch. Dope? Most definitely. If you’re fiending for more, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of Kelly’s #RagePack street album.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Me Alone" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.