Though the Cleveland-repper’s been a regular fixture on our pages in recent months, appearing as a guest on joints by Kid Ink, Young Scolla and XV, Machine Gun Kelly hasn’t had a Booth feature to himself since he dropped exclusive freestyle #147 back in March 2010. Today, MGK returns to give us the rundown on his recent grind. Taking its title from New Zealand rockers Naked and Famous – whose Young Blood forms the backbone of the driving instrumental – unreleased cut Half Naked & Almost Famous is half-motivational jam, half slice-of-life. In exultant, deftly-flowed bars, the emcee celebrates his victories to date, as well as the experiences (and blunts) he’s shared with close friends and tour mates. And, lest you think success has changed the man, the artist makes clear he’s got a firm lock on his priorities: “F*ck clothes, and f*ck hoes / Hundred dollars worth of munchies – truckloads.” If Kelly keeps turning out cuts of this caliber, it won’t be long before he’s crossing the “Almost” off this cut’s title (no comment on the “naked” part). The record is currently unattached to any forthcoming project, but fans should stay on the lookout for the official video, debuting next week.
Written by richard on 05/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Me Alone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.