Though the Cleveland-repper’s been a regular fixture on our pages in recent months, appearing as a guest on joints by Kid Ink, Young Scolla and XV, Machine Gun Kelly hasn’t had a Booth feature to himself since he dropped exclusive freestyle #147 back in March 2010. Today, MGK returns to give us the rundown on his recent grind. Taking its title from New Zealand rockers Naked and Famous – whose Young Blood forms the backbone of the driving instrumental – unreleased cut Half Naked & Almost Famous is half-motivational jam, half slice-of-life. In exultant, deftly-flowed bars, the emcee celebrates his victories to date, as well as the experiences (and blunts) he’s shared with close friends and tour mates. And, lest you think success has changed the man, the artist makes clear he’s got a firm lock on his priorities: “F*ck clothes, and f*ck hoes / Hundred dollars worth of munchies – truckloads.” If Kelly keeps turning out cuts of this caliber, it won’t be long before he’s crossing the “Almost” off this cut’s title (no comment on the “naked” part). The record is currently unattached to any forthcoming project, but fans should stay on the lookout for the official video, debuting next week.
Written by richard on 05/22/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Me Alone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)