Update: The Casey McPerry-directed visuals for MGK’s Wanna Ball single have been added.
It’s become downright cliché to criticize rap for its focus on material wealth and conspicuous consumption, but there’s a simple psychological explanation. As Machine Gun Kelly puts it on the chorus of his latest feature, “If you never had a penny, don’t you Wanna Ball?” On this brand new promo cut, the Cleveland phenom reflects on the trajectory his life has followed to date, explaining how his beginnings at the bottom of the economic heap ignited an unstoppable drive to carve out a profitable niche in the world. To back his passionate aspirational bars, Pro Logic cooks up an appropriately anthemic synth/sample beat. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; this joint is just a loosie, but we’ll keep you posted on MGK’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 09/17/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Me Alone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.