They say “birds of a feather flock together,” but behind that cliche lies a truth; people with similar characteristics tend to hang out and be BFFs. Ok ,not necessarily BFFs, but they tend to hang around each other. For Machine Gun Kelly, his flock includes the likes of Twista and Tech N9ne. Not only are all three rappers from the Midwest, but all three are known for their rapid-fire deliveries, and believe me, there’s plenty of both on Edge of Destruction, a standout cut from MGK’s debut album, Lace Up. Produced by Silent Mike, Edge of Destruction is a piano and strings-driven record that’s as uptempo as the rappers themselves and lays the groundwork for all three to take turns dropping off verses about the obstacles they’ve overcome. For MGK, he’s had a bumpy road on his journey to Lace Up, but hopefully he’ll be able to celebrate now that the album is in stores worldwide.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 10/17/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Leave Me Alone" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)