Way back in February of ‘08, Metro P introduced readers to his Playboy persona with the Bobby Valentino-featuring Lavish. Still preparing for the release of his debut studio album, the Swaggaville rapper is looking to stir up some buzz with an exclusive world premiere—the only question is, which of Metro’s personas is responsible for this record? Since the hard-hitting street style he brings to I Might Go could hardly be farther removed from his smooth Booth debut, I have to assume that it’s the Prophet speaking here (or perhaps he’s sprouted a third, “Hustler” persona since last we saw him?). In any case, the trunk-bangin’ crowd will find a lot to like about this cut, from Kane Beatz’ brassy, bass-heavy instrumental to the car-crazy, paper-stacking swagger Metro P and his Booth-approved wingmen bring on the mic. Young Buck‘s aggressive rhymes are, of course, a perfect fit here, but Bay Area veteran E-40‘s double-time flow on the back end makes him the record’s arguable MVP. Fans can expect more from both of Metro’s personae come July 21st, when Prophet or Playboy hits store shelves and online retailers everywhere.
Written by richard on 05/11/09
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)