Way back in February of ‘08, Metro P introduced readers to his Playboy persona with the Bobby Valentino-featuring Lavish. Still preparing for the release of his debut studio album, the Swaggaville rapper is looking to stir up some buzz with an exclusive world premiere—the only question is, which of Metro’s personas is responsible for this record? Since the hard-hitting street style he brings to I Might Go could hardly be farther removed from his smooth Booth debut, I have to assume that it’s the Prophet speaking here (or perhaps he’s sprouted a third, “Hustler” persona since last we saw him?). In any case, the trunk-bangin’ crowd will find a lot to like about this cut, from Kane Beatz’ brassy, bass-heavy instrumental to the car-crazy, paper-stacking swagger Metro P and his Booth-approved wingmen bring on the mic. Young Buck‘s aggressive rhymes are, of course, a perfect fit here, but Bay Area veteran E-40‘s double-time flow on the back end makes him the record’s arguable MVP. Fans can expect more from both of Metro’s personae come July 21st, when Prophet or Playboy hits store shelves and online retailers everywhere.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.