Way back in February of ‘08, Metro P introduced readers to his Playboy persona with the Bobby Valentino-featuring Lavish. Still preparing for the release of his debut studio album, the Swaggaville rapper is looking to stir up some buzz with an exclusive world premiere—the only question is, which of Metro’s personas is responsible for this record? Since the hard-hitting street style he brings to I Might Go could hardly be farther removed from his smooth Booth debut, I have to assume that it’s the Prophet speaking here (or perhaps he’s sprouted a third, “Hustler” persona since last we saw him?). In any case, the trunk-bangin’ crowd will find a lot to like about this cut, from Kane Beatz’ brassy, bass-heavy instrumental to the car-crazy, paper-stacking swagger Metro P and his Booth-approved wingmen bring on the mic. Young Buck‘s aggressive rhymes are, of course, a perfect fit here, but Bay Area veteran E-40‘s double-time flow on the back end makes him the record’s arguable MVP. Fans can expect more from both of Metro’s personae come July 21st, when Prophet or Playboy hits store shelves and online retailers everywhere.
Written by richard on 05/11/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.