Sucker emcees beware; Metis and his mic-murdering cohorts are on The March. Having expressed his willingness to get his hands Dirty on his last mixtape leak, the London spitter proceeds to prove it on the follow-up (another exclusive world premiere!). !llmind sets a tension-fraught mood on the percussion tip, mixing chromatic keys with a shifty bassline and driving percussion as Metis and his Booth-approved collaborator, Brooklyn rhymesayer Skyzoo, hit the warpath. The headliner goes heavy on the allusive braggadocio, boasting, “I spit that ancient, that Planet of the Apes sh*t, the M.J., O.J. and that Willie Mays sh*t,” even comparing himself to Hemingway on the back for good measure. Sky is his usual, linguistically-gifted self on the guest tip, showing off his classic fashions (“I’m more Nautica sweats than what they currently be on”) as well as his timeless rhyme style in a tightly-wound middle 16. Complete with a determination-drenched hook from Metis’ fellow Londoner, Don Jaga, this joint is sure to leave lyrical heads fiending for more. If you fall into that category, keep it locked for more news and tunes leading up the imminent arrival of the headliner’s Booth-hosted, Whoo Kid-mixed Roark LP.
Written by richard on 10/31/11
Roark Records/Zaga Zow
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.