Sucker emcees beware; Metis and his mic-murdering cohorts are on The March. Having expressed his willingness to get his hands Dirty on his last mixtape leak, the London spitter proceeds to prove it on the follow-up (another exclusive world premiere!). !llmind sets a tension-fraught mood on the percussion tip, mixing chromatic keys with a shifty bassline and driving percussion as Metis and his Booth-approved collaborator, Brooklyn rhymesayer Skyzoo, hit the warpath. The headliner goes heavy on the allusive braggadocio, boasting, “I spit that ancient, that Planet of the Apes sh*t, the M.J., O.J. and that Willie Mays sh*t,” even comparing himself to Hemingway on the back for good measure. Sky is his usual, linguistically-gifted self on the guest tip, showing off his classic fashions (“I’m more Nautica sweats than what they currently be on”) as well as his timeless rhyme style in a tightly-wound middle 16. Complete with a determination-drenched hook from Metis’ fellow Londoner, Don Jaga, this joint is sure to leave lyrical heads fiending for more. If you fall into that category, keep it locked for more news and tunes leading up the imminent arrival of the headliner’s Booth-hosted, Whoo Kid-mixed Roark LP.
Written by richard on 10/31/11
Submit your Rating
Roark Records/Zaga Zow
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.