Since last we featured him, Metis has become a member of the Warner Bros. stable. With the ink drying on that long-lusted-after major publishing contract, the L.A./London dual repper must be feeling pretty damn good about the state of his career, right? Wrong! On Greener Grass, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, he reveals that the same insatiable drive to succeed that brought him this far has left him unable to sit back and savor his achievements: “They say I’m admired as a mind who reach for everything / Soon as I get it, though, I’m reachin’ for the next, man. / Didn’t even celebrate the motherf**kin’ label deal…” Jahlil Beats backs the artist’s introspective bars with a melancholy sample from Adele’s Turn the Tables. Fans will be able to find Greener Grass and much more on Metis’s DIY LP, scheduled for release in December. His official debut single, All In, which will front a global Coke Zero ad campaign, will be released in Europe October 7.
Written by richard on 09/23/13
Submit your Rating
Roark Records/Zaga Zow
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.