Since last we featured him, Metis has become a member of the Warner Bros. stable. With the ink drying on that long-lusted-after major publishing contract, the L.A./London dual repper must be feeling pretty damn good about the state of his career, right? Wrong! On Greener Grass, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, he reveals that the same insatiable drive to succeed that brought him this far has left him unable to sit back and savor his achievements: “They say I’m admired as a mind who reach for everything / Soon as I get it, though, I’m reachin’ for the next, man. / Didn’t even celebrate the motherf**kin’ label deal…” Jahlil Beats backs the artist’s introspective bars with a melancholy sample from Adele’s Turn the Tables. Fans will be able to find Greener Grass and much more on Metis’s DIY LP, scheduled for release in December. His official debut single, All In, which will front a global Coke Zero ad campaign, will be released in Europe October 7.
Written by richard on 09/23/13
Submit your Rating
Roark Records/Zaga Zow
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.