Simple as it may seem, raising your arms over your head is actually a complex, multi-step process involving three major muscle groups: the deltoids, the rotator cuffs and the triceps. Accordingly, Metis isn’t about to ask you to go through all that effort just because. On the final leak off his Booth-sponsored mixtape (an exclusive world premiere), the West Coast emcee explains why he and his music are well-deserving of the shoulder extension, shoulder flexion and elbow extension necessary to Get Them Up. !llmind mans the boards, layering ominous piano chords and shifty synths over a syncopated percussion rhythm as Metis lets listeners know what he’s all about. Emphasizing his global appeal (“I’m international, from chopsticks to Impalas.“) as well as his devotion to hip-hop music and culture (”Been hatin’ authority figures since Providence, and been lovin’ real hip-hop since Common Sense.”), the artist makes a damn convincing case for his dopeness. Does this cut have you waving your hands in the air? Then don’t miss the rest of the quality tuneage set to appear on Metis’ Whoo Kid-hosted Roark mixtape, due out Dec. 5. Also, watch for the official video for single The March to hit DJBoothTV in the next two weeks.
Written by richard on 11/14/11
Roark Records/Zaga Zow
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.