Metis may be—as he informed us on a his first Booth feature—a Champion, but behind every success story lies the support of a few quality friends. And on the flip side, the inability to distinguish real peeps from the fake has led to a good many catastrophic failures. On unreleased cut Do You Still, making its world premiere right here on our front page, the London-repping up-and-comer resolves not to make that crucial mistake. Jason Farsight handles production duties, cooking up a lush, anthemic synth beat to back the artist, who emphasizes the importance of sorting those who appreciate you for you from the opportunists and hangers-on: “All my peeps I chose carefully, ballin’ when I’m ballin, when I’m down a brother care for me / Err with me on the side of caution, navigate this fake industry I won’t get lost in.” Topped off with the artist’s own soaring hook vocals, this joint is proof that Metis has the right attitude to succeed in the game—as well as an eminently fresh listen in its own right. Though Do You Still isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those who like what they’re hearing can expect more Booth-exclusive premieres in the near future.
Written by richard on 07/11/11
Submit your Rating
Roark Records/Zaga Zow
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.