Metis may be—as he informed us on a his first Booth feature—a Champion, but behind every success story lies the support of a few quality friends. And on the flip side, the inability to distinguish real peeps from the fake has led to a good many catastrophic failures. On unreleased cut Do You Still, making its world premiere right here on our front page, the London-repping up-and-comer resolves not to make that crucial mistake. Jason Farsight handles production duties, cooking up a lush, anthemic synth beat to back the artist, who emphasizes the importance of sorting those who appreciate you for you from the opportunists and hangers-on: “All my peeps I chose carefully, ballin’ when I’m ballin, when I’m down a brother care for me / Err with me on the side of caution, navigate this fake industry I won’t get lost in.” Topped off with the artist’s own soaring hook vocals, this joint is proof that Metis has the right attitude to succeed in the game—as well as an eminently fresh listen in its own right. Though Do You Still isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those who like what they’re hearing can expect more Booth-exclusive premieres in the near future.
Written by richard on 07/11/11
Roark Records/Zaga Zow
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.