Metis may be—as he informed us on a his first Booth feature—a Champion, but behind every success story lies the support of a few quality friends. And on the flip side, the inability to distinguish real peeps from the fake has led to a good many catastrophic failures. On unreleased cut Do You Still, making its world premiere right here on our front page, the London-repping up-and-comer resolves not to make that crucial mistake. Jason Farsight handles production duties, cooking up a lush, anthemic synth beat to back the artist, who emphasizes the importance of sorting those who appreciate you for you from the opportunists and hangers-on: “All my peeps I chose carefully, ballin’ when I’m ballin, when I’m down a brother care for me / Err with me on the side of caution, navigate this fake industry I won’t get lost in.” Topped off with the artist’s own soaring hook vocals, this joint is proof that Metis has the right attitude to succeed in the game—as well as an eminently fresh listen in its own right. Though Do You Still isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, those who like what they’re hearing can expect more Booth-exclusive premieres in the near future.
Written by richard on 07/11/11
Submit your Rating
Roark Records/Zaga Zow
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.