Metis may be a Champion, but don’t get it twisted. He’s not spending his days in spas being fed fresh grapes by bikini clad models. Au contraire, instead the London buzzmaker is back on our pages to declare that he’s not afraid of the grit and grime that comes with digging into the music game. In fact, he’s just flat our Dirty. (As are, I should add, the women he associates with.) Producer Iam One provides this DJBooth premiere its initial energy, building a minimally efficient beat filled with piano stabs and a wavering guitar line. From there it’s up to Metis to add fuel to fire, assuring listeners that he’s so dirty he’s not only blacker than nails, he’s blacker than jails. (Way to weave in a little social commentary.) Add in a heavily island-vibed out hook from the intriguingly named Busy Signal and you’ve got Pig-pen’ new hip-hop anthem. What, I’m not allowed to make a Peanuts reference? More importantly, fans can look forward to Metis’ up coming Roark mixtape, hosted by DJ Whoo Kid and set for an October release.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/1/11
Submit your Rating
Roark Records/Zaga Zow
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.