Metis may be a Champion, but don’t get it twisted. He’s not spending his days in spas being fed fresh grapes by bikini clad models. Au contraire, instead the London buzzmaker is back on our pages to declare that he’s not afraid of the grit and grime that comes with digging into the music game. In fact, he’s just flat our Dirty. (As are, I should add, the women he associates with.) Producer Iam One provides this DJBooth premiere its initial energy, building a minimally efficient beat filled with piano stabs and a wavering guitar line. From there it’s up to Metis to add fuel to fire, assuring listeners that he’s so dirty he’s not only blacker than nails, he’s blacker than jails. (Way to weave in a little social commentary.) Add in a heavily island-vibed out hook from the intriguingly named Busy Signal and you’ve got Pig-pen’ new hip-hop anthem. What, I’m not allowed to make a Peanuts reference? More importantly, fans can look forward to Metis’ up coming Roark mixtape, hosted by DJ Whoo Kid and set for an October release.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/1/11
Submit your Rating
Roark Records/Zaga Zow
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.