It’s unlikely but true: Method Man is now a spokes(rapper) person for the delicious candy Sour Patch Kids. We can dive into the rabbit hole of commercialism vs. “staying true”, but sometimes it’s just necessary for outside money to continue your craft. In this scenario however, World Gone Sour (The Lost Kids) seems like another hilarious way for Meth to surprise listeners while also getting a check cashed, and who could be mad at that? It’s also a pretty ballsy advertisement strategy by the Cadbury Schweppes Company, obviously giving The Iron Lung his creative freedoms for the promotional single. The video itself is the tool to deciphering this crazy promo (check it out here ), with Tical bouncing around his home as the Kids, to put it delicately, f*** s*** up. The production from Mike Chek is actually pretty good here, as are the rhymes, but something tells me this track will be known as “that time when Johnny Blaze did that crazy candy track,” which is precisely what the Sour Patch Kids were looking for. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go find some sour gummies. Eat ‘em up.
Written by Sigurd on 10/9/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.