It’s unlikely but true: Method Man is now a spokes(rapper) person for the delicious candy Sour Patch Kids. We can dive into the rabbit hole of commercialism vs. “staying true”, but sometimes it’s just necessary for outside money to continue your craft. In this scenario however, World Gone Sour (The Lost Kids) seems like another hilarious way for Meth to surprise listeners while also getting a check cashed, and who could be mad at that? It’s also a pretty ballsy advertisement strategy by the Cadbury Schweppes Company, obviously giving The Iron Lung his creative freedoms for the promotional single. The video itself is the tool to deciphering this crazy promo (check it out here ), with Tical bouncing around his home as the Kids, to put it delicately, f*** s*** up. The production from Mike Chek is actually pretty good here, as are the rhymes, but something tells me this track will be known as “that time when Johnny Blaze did that crazy candy track,” which is precisely what the Sour Patch Kids were looking for. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go find some sour gummies. Eat ‘em up.
Listen to More: Method Man
Written by Sigurd on 10/9/11
You Might Like...
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.