It’s unlikely but true: Method Man is now a spokes(rapper) person for the delicious candy Sour Patch Kids. We can dive into the rabbit hole of commercialism vs. “staying true”, but sometimes it’s just necessary for outside money to continue your craft. In this scenario however, World Gone Sour (The Lost Kids) seems like another hilarious way for Meth to surprise listeners while also getting a check cashed, and who could be mad at that? It’s also a pretty ballsy advertisement strategy by the Cadbury Schweppes Company, obviously giving The Iron Lung his creative freedoms for the promotional single. The video itself is the tool to deciphering this crazy promo (check it out here ), with Tical bouncing around his home as the Kids, to put it delicately, f*** s*** up. The production from Mike Chek is actually pretty good here, as are the rhymes, but something tells me this track will be known as “that time when Johnny Blaze did that crazy candy track,” which is precisely what the Sour Patch Kids were looking for. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go find some sour gummies. Eat ‘em up.
Written by Sigurd on 10/9/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.