Though Method Man & Redman have stayed in the public eye by appearing together on a laundry list of other artists’ projects, it’s been just under a decade since the duo released their first, and thus far only studio album, Blackout! Listeners will be happy to hear, however, that the LP’s sequel is finally in the works, and, if lead single A-Yo is any indication, the sophomore release will find the two none the worse for wear. Hopping in their truck, rolling up the windows and sparking a few spliffs, Meth & Red tackle the classic lyrical themes of weed, cash, cars, and wack emcees, but don’t neglect to touch on a few more timely topics—the latter notably references “swagger,” MySpace, and Apple computers in the course of four short bars. A sung hook by Toronto native Saukrates, and a sampled, funk guitar beat by an unknown producer round out this street-oriented, lyrically confident cut. Blackout 2 is currently set to arrive sometime this summer—if you haven’t stocked up on candles and batteries, better do so soon.
Written by richard on 03/8/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"City Lights ft. UGK" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.