Though Method Man & Redman have stayed in the public eye by appearing together on a laundry list of other artists’ projects, it’s been just under a decade since the duo released their first, and thus far only studio album, Blackout! Listeners will be happy to hear, however, that the LP’s sequel is finally in the works, and, if lead single A-Yo is any indication, the sophomore release will find the two none the worse for wear. Hopping in their truck, rolling up the windows and sparking a few spliffs, Meth & Red tackle the classic lyrical themes of weed, cash, cars, and wack emcees, but don’t neglect to touch on a few more timely topics—the latter notably references “swagger,” MySpace, and Apple computers in the course of four short bars. A sung hook by Toronto native Saukrates, and a sampled, funk guitar beat by an unknown producer round out this street-oriented, lyrically confident cut. Blackout 2 is currently set to arrive sometime this summer—if you haven’t stocked up on candles and batteries, better do so soon.
Written by richard on 03/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"City Lights ft. UGK" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.