Though Method Man & Redman have stayed in the public eye by appearing together on a laundry list of other artists’ projects, it’s been just under a decade since the duo released their first, and thus far only studio album, Blackout! Listeners will be happy to hear, however, that the LP’s sequel is finally in the works, and, if lead single A-Yo is any indication, the sophomore release will find the two none the worse for wear. Hopping in their truck, rolling up the windows and sparking a few spliffs, Meth & Red tackle the classic lyrical themes of weed, cash, cars, and wack emcees, but don’t neglect to touch on a few more timely topics—the latter notably references “swagger,” MySpace, and Apple computers in the course of four short bars. A sung hook by Toronto native Saukrates, and a sampled, funk guitar beat by an unknown producer round out this street-oriented, lyrically confident cut. Blackout 2 is currently set to arrive sometime this summer—if you haven’t stocked up on candles and batteries, better do so soon.
Written by richard on 03/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"City Lights ft. UGK" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)