With the underground going ape in anticipation of Blackout 2, Method Man & Redman have decided to fan the flames with the release of another street single. On 4 Minutes To Lock Down, Meth makes good use of his Wu-Tang connections; after Red’s mid-energy opener, the Chef and Johnny Blaze step up to the mic for deadpan verses. Iron Man brings his trademark hyped-up delivery on the back end, assaulting listeners’ eardrums with the rapped equivalent of a repulsor ray blast. Complete with a sax-heavy beat by Bink! (sampling Brooklyn Bridge’s Echo Park), Lock Down is sure to score big with the Booth’s old-school heads. Wondering how Meth & Red manage to turn out grade-A jams time and time again? Find out in May, when they’ll be stepping into the Booth for an exclusive interview with our own DJ Z.
Written by Burmy on 04/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Yo! ft. Saukrates" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.