With the underground going ape in anticipation of Blackout 2, Method Man & Redman have decided to fan the flames with the release of another street single. On 4 Minutes To Lock Down, Meth makes good use of his Wu-Tang connections; after Red’s mid-energy opener, the Chef and Johnny Blaze step up to the mic for deadpan verses. Iron Man brings his trademark hyped-up delivery on the back end, assaulting listeners’ eardrums with the rapped equivalent of a repulsor ray blast. Complete with a sax-heavy beat by Bink! (sampling Brooklyn Bridge’s Echo Park), Lock Down is sure to score big with the Booth’s old-school heads. Wondering how Meth & Red manage to turn out grade-A jams time and time again? Find out in May, when they’ll be stepping into the Booth for an exclusive interview with our own DJ Z.
Written by Burmy on 04/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Yo! ft. Saukrates" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.