With the underground going ape in anticipation of Blackout 2, Method Man & Redman have decided to fan the flames with the release of another street single. On 4 Minutes To Lock Down, Meth makes good use of his Wu-Tang connections; after Red’s mid-energy opener, the Chef and Johnny Blaze step up to the mic for deadpan verses. Iron Man brings his trademark hyped-up delivery on the back end, assaulting listeners’ eardrums with the rapped equivalent of a repulsor ray blast. Complete with a sax-heavy beat by Bink! (sampling Brooklyn Bridge’s Echo Park), Lock Down is sure to score big with the Booth’s old-school heads. Wondering how Meth & Red manage to turn out grade-A jams time and time again? Find out in May, when they’ll be stepping into the Booth for an exclusive interview with our own DJ Z.
Written by Burmy on 04/30/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Yo! ft. Saukrates" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.