With the underground going ape in anticipation of Blackout 2, Method Man & Redman have decided to fan the flames with the release of another street single. On 4 Minutes To Lock Down, Meth makes good use of his Wu-Tang connections; after Red’s mid-energy opener, the Chef and Johnny Blaze step up to the mic for deadpan verses. Iron Man brings his trademark hyped-up delivery on the back end, assaulting listeners’ eardrums with the rapped equivalent of a repulsor ray blast. Complete with a sax-heavy beat by Bink! (sampling Brooklyn Bridge’s Echo Park), Lock Down is sure to score big with the Booth’s old-school heads. Wondering how Meth & Red manage to turn out grade-A jams time and time again? Find out in May, when they’ll be stepping into the Booth for an exclusive interview with our own DJ Z.
Written by Burmy on 04/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Yo! ft. Saukrates" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.