With the underground going ape in anticipation of Blackout 2, Method Man & Redman have decided to fan the flames with the release of another street single. On 4 Minutes To Lock Down, Meth makes good use of his Wu-Tang connections; after Red’s mid-energy opener, the Chef and Johnny Blaze step up to the mic for deadpan verses. Iron Man brings his trademark hyped-up delivery on the back end, assaulting listeners’ eardrums with the rapped equivalent of a repulsor ray blast. Complete with a sax-heavy beat by Bink! (sampling Brooklyn Bridge’s Echo Park), Lock Down is sure to score big with the Booth’s old-school heads. Wondering how Meth & Red manage to turn out grade-A jams time and time again? Find out in May, when they’ll be stepping into the Booth for an exclusive interview with our own DJ Z.
Written by Burmy on 04/30/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Yo! ft. Saukrates" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.