Whereas most of us are forced to spend decades searching for our true calling—if, indeed, we ever figure it out—there are a lucky few for whom it’s obvious from the get-go. For example, if you’re The Man With the Iron Fists, it’s a safe bet that your destiny will involve a lot of punching. Similarly, Method Man never had to question whether a career in rap was right for him—as he puts it on his latest feature, the lead single off the soundtrack to RZA‘s forthcoming cinematic opus, he was simply, “Built for This.” A gritty, yet stylized selection that will sound right at home accompanying the rising action of a hip hop-infused kung-fu homage, the cut finds Meth trading vivid, aggressive bars with Gary, Indiana gangster Freddie Gibbs and Booth newcomer StreetLife over a swaggering funk backdrop by Frank Dukes and The Revelations. The Man With the Iron Fists official soundtrack has yet to receive a drop date but, with the film set to hit US theaters November 2, the project can’t be far behind.
Written by richard on 08/26/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.