Whereas most of us are forced to spend decades searching for our true calling—if, indeed, we ever figure it out—there are a lucky few for whom it’s obvious from the get-go. For example, if you’re The Man With the Iron Fists, it’s a safe bet that your destiny will involve a lot of punching. Similarly, Method Man never had to question whether a career in rap was right for him—as he puts it on his latest feature, the lead single off the soundtrack to RZA‘s forthcoming cinematic opus, he was simply, “Built for This.” A gritty, yet stylized selection that will sound right at home accompanying the rising action of a hip hop-infused kung-fu homage, the cut finds Meth trading vivid, aggressive bars with Gary, Indiana gangster Freddie Gibbs and Booth newcomer StreetLife over a swaggering funk backdrop by Frank Dukes and The Revelations. The Man With the Iron Fists official soundtrack has yet to receive a drop date but, with the film set to hit US theaters November 2, the project can’t be far behind.
Written by richard on 08/26/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)