Whereas most of us are forced to spend decades searching for our true calling—if, indeed, we ever figure it out—there are a lucky few for whom it’s obvious from the get-go. For example, if you’re The Man With the Iron Fists, it’s a safe bet that your destiny will involve a lot of punching. Similarly, Method Man never had to question whether a career in rap was right for him—as he puts it on his latest feature, the lead single off the soundtrack to RZA‘s forthcoming cinematic opus, he was simply, “Built for This.” A gritty, yet stylized selection that will sound right at home accompanying the rising action of a hip hop-infused kung-fu homage, the cut finds Meth trading vivid, aggressive bars with Gary, Indiana gangster Freddie Gibbs and Booth newcomer StreetLife over a swaggering funk backdrop by Frank Dukes and The Revelations. The Man With the Iron Fists official soundtrack has yet to receive a drop date but, with the film set to hit US theaters November 2, the project can’t be far behind.
Written by richard on 08/26/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.