Yesterday I spent about 800 words describing Meth, Ghost and Rae’s new Wu Massacre album in painstaking detail. In retrospect, I could have saved myself a lot of time by just writing “It’s That Wu S**t” and calling it a day. The last track scheduled to be featured from the album, It’s That Wu is everything the title would suggest. On the production side of the equation Scram Jones pumps out a skittering, pounding beat, and while Raekwon sadly sits this one out, Mr. Meth and Ghostface more than make up for his absence with street laced rhymes that could have come off Wu-Tang Forever: “I dare y’all to come in my projects, leave with no head, no neck.” Thanks for the warning Ghost. I’m frankly not nearly as excited about Kevin Cossom, who provides an almost-asleep chorus, but hey, nobody’s perfect. It’s not a classic, but there’s still nothing like that Wu ish. Put your Ws in the air. For more musical murder like Wu S**t, be sure to cop the trio’s Wu Massacre album, out now.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.