What if I told you that I had a new song from Wu-Tang alumni Method Man, Ghostface Killah and Raekwon? Does that sound like something you’d be interested in? If not, I’m not really sure what you’re doing on DJBooth, since every hip-hop head with a pulse is eagerly awaiting the trio’s upcoming collabo album Wu-Massacre, especially now that we know it sounds something like Miranda. Whether Meth, Ghost and Rae are talking about the same (promiscuous) woman, or just happen to all know women named Miranda, is unclear, but what isn’t up for debate are the lyrical offerings the three legendary emcees lay down, taking turns singing the praises of the lady (or ladies) in question like only they can while long-time affiliate DJ Mathematics provides a stripped down, piano melody beat. Frankly I expected a little more from Ghost, but like a good teammate Meth more than makes up for any shortcomings with a heavily Spanish flow. Killer bee lovers will have their wishes fulfilled when Wu-Massacre finally drops on March 30. Keep it locked for more.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/16/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.