Ever wondered what it might be like to live life as an up-and-coming Minneapolis rhymesayer? If so, today’s your lucky day. In the Mychal Fisher-directed visuals for new single Force Fed, Twin Cities up-and-comer Metasota gives us an up-close and personal look at his daily grind, from taking the light rail to his nine-to-five to rocking the stage at local venue First Avenue. In contrast to the down-to-Earth visuals, the record itself reflects the scope of the newcomer’s ambitions. Bobby Raps’ atmospheric synths back Meta as he contemplates the obstacles he’s overcome to lay the groundwork for his success in the game. Craving more? Still Happy I’m Present (H.I.P. 2), the mixtape to which this joint is attached, is available now via Bandcamp for a price of your choosing. Additionally, fans in the Twin Cities area will be able to catch Metasota performing at this year’s Soundset Festival, going down May 26, at Canterbury Park.
Written by richard on 04/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Simple and Plain" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.