Ever wondered what it might be like to live life as an up-and-coming Minneapolis rhymesayer? If so, today’s your lucky day. In the Mychal Fisher-directed visuals for new single Force Fed, Twin Cities up-and-comer Metasota gives us an up-close and personal look at his daily grind, from taking the light rail to his nine-to-five to rocking the stage at local venue First Avenue. In contrast to the down-to-Earth visuals, the record itself reflects the scope of the newcomer’s ambitions. Bobby Raps’ atmospheric synths back Meta as he contemplates the obstacles he’s overcome to lay the groundwork for his success in the game. Craving more? Still Happy I’m Present (H.I.P. 2), the mixtape to which this joint is attached, is available now via Bandcamp for a price of your choosing. Additionally, fans in the Twin Cities area will be able to catch Metasota performing at this year’s Soundset Festival, going down May 26, at Canterbury Park.
Written by richard on 04/28/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Simple and Plain" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.