While most 18-year old artists are rising to the top of the pop charts with catchy dance songs (AhhChoooosouljaboy), rapper Metafore is treading water in the deep end of the pool with his stylish lyricism and subject matter. What got him there? Three core values: Patience, to wait for a chance at some serious cash; Understanding, to know the industry inside and out; And loyalty, because if you forget where you started, who knows where you’ll finish? Using a masterful sample from The Sylver’ soul classic, That’s What Love Is Made Of, Meta proves even in production choice he is well beyond his years. It has often been said that trends come and go, but depth is forever. If that statement holds true, Metafore has a long and successful career ahead of him.
Written by Burmy on 02/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Im A Beast" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.