While most 18-year old artists are rising to the top of the pop charts with catchy dance songs (AhhChoooosouljaboy), rapper Metafore is treading water in the deep end of the pool with his stylish lyricism and subject matter. What got him there? Three core values: Patience, to wait for a chance at some serious cash; Understanding, to know the industry inside and out; And loyalty, because if you forget where you started, who knows where you’ll finish? Using a masterful sample from The Sylver’ soul classic, That’s What Love Is Made Of, Meta proves even in production choice he is well beyond his years. It has often been said that trends come and go, but depth is forever. If that statement holds true, Metafore has a long and successful career ahead of him.
Written by Burmy on 02/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Im A Beast" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.