While most 18-year old artists are rising to the top of the pop charts with catchy dance songs (AhhChoooosouljaboy), rapper Metafore is treading water in the deep end of the pool with his stylish lyricism and subject matter. What got him there? Three core values: Patience, to wait for a chance at some serious cash; Understanding, to know the industry inside and out; And loyalty, because if you forget where you started, who knows where you’ll finish? Using a masterful sample from The Sylver’ soul classic, That’s What Love Is Made Of, Meta proves even in production choice he is well beyond his years. It has often been said that trends come and go, but depth is forever. If that statement holds true, Metafore has a long and successful career ahead of him.
Written by Burmy on 02/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Im A Beast" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.