Last we heard from Memphis Bleek was way back in summer ‘08, but don’t think for a minute that his on-the-mic skills have dulled during his time away from our front page. Now signed to his own indie label Get Low, the Roc-A-Fella alumnus is back to prove that he’s Still Ill with the lead single off his endlessly-delayed fifth studio album. From bar one, this joint bleeds energy – producer Canei Finch [for CaneiLive Productions] serves up a blisteringly fresh breakbeat-synth-harpsichord instrumental, and Bleek comes with rhymes to match. Though the emcee’s breezy bars are straightforward as far as lyrical message is concerned – Bleek’s back, he’s still getting money, and if he gets angry he might shoot you – his propulsive flows will leave few unimpressed. Memphis’ enthusiasm can’t be denied, but will his 2010 comeback be the real deal? We report, you decide. If you agree with this this record’s title, you’ll want to mark your calendar for the March 23 release of The Process, the rapper’s first full-length since ‘05’s 534 (and the first of his career not to be released under Roc-a-Fella/Def Jam).
Written by richard on 02/2/10
Submit your Rating
Get Low/Mass Appeal/E1
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)