Last we heard from Memphis Bleek was way back in summer ‘08, but don’t think for a minute that his on-the-mic skills have dulled during his time away from our front page. Now signed to his own indie label Get Low, the Roc-A-Fella alumnus is back to prove that he’s Still Ill with the lead single off his endlessly-delayed fifth studio album. From bar one, this joint bleeds energy – producer Canei Finch [for CaneiLive Productions] serves up a blisteringly fresh breakbeat-synth-harpsichord instrumental, and Bleek comes with rhymes to match. Though the emcee’s breezy bars are straightforward as far as lyrical message is concerned – Bleek’s back, he’s still getting money, and if he gets angry he might shoot you – his propulsive flows will leave few unimpressed. Memphis’ enthusiasm can’t be denied, but will his 2010 comeback be the real deal? We report, you decide. If you agree with this this record’s title, you’ll want to mark your calendar for the March 23 release of The Process, the rapper’s first full-length since ‘05’s 534 (and the first of his career not to be released under Roc-a-Fella/Def Jam).
Listen to More: Memphis Bleek
Written by richard on 02/2/10
Get Low/Mass Appeal/E1
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.