The Prince of the Roc, Memphis Bleek, will try once again to shed his “sidekick rapper” status once and for all with his new single, Hustla. Bleek paints a vivid portrait, reminiscing on his former drug-dealing days; he descriptively weaves the product, the fiends, the profit, and the cops all together. With a beat by Swizzy protégé Neo Da Matrix that screams East Coast, Hustla should get extensive play in the clubs up and around NYC. But the real question remains: Will this finally be the single that gets Memphis Bleek the respect he has sought out from under Jay-Z‘s shadow?
Written by Burmy on 08/17/07
Submit your Rating
Get Low/Mass Appeal/E1
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.