The Prince of the Roc, Memphis Bleek, will try once again to shed his “sidekick rapper” status once and for all with his new single, Hustla. Bleek paints a vivid portrait, reminiscing on his former drug-dealing days; he descriptively weaves the product, the fiends, the profit, and the cops all together. With a beat by Swizzy protégé Neo Da Matrix that screams East Coast, Hustla should get extensive play in the clubs up and around NYC. But the real question remains: Will this finally be the single that gets Memphis Bleek the respect he has sought out from under Jay-Z‘s shadow?
Written by Burmy on 08/17/07
Get Low/Mass Appeal/E1
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.