The epitome of a “sidekick rapper” is Memphis Bleek, who once again will try to get out from under ol’ Hova’s shadow. Bleek’s latest, Get Ya Money Up, has the MC enlisting the production talents of well known hit makers Cool & Dre. Though Bleek bought a party-worthy beat, his flow is once again only chatter of hustling and street talk. While Dre lends a hand on the ultra-catchy hook, ultimately the Jay-Z‘s of the world are the only MC’s capable of the pulling off the aforementioned musical combination. Will Bleek ever achieve true stardom? To find out, tune in when his new album, The Process, is released later this year.
Written by Burmy on 09/11/07
Submit your Rating
Get Low/Mass Appeal/E1
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)