The epitome of a “sidekick rapper” is Memphis Bleek, who once again will try to get out from under ol’ Hova’s shadow. Bleek’s latest, Get Ya Money Up, has the MC enlisting the production talents of well known hit makers Cool & Dre. Though Bleek bought a party-worthy beat, his flow is once again only chatter of hustling and street talk. While Dre lends a hand on the ultra-catchy hook, ultimately the Jay-Z‘s of the world are the only MC’s capable of the pulling off the aforementioned musical combination. Will Bleek ever achieve true stardom? To find out, tune in when his new album, The Process, is released later this year.
Written by Burmy on 09/11/07
Submit your Rating
Get Low/Mass Appeal/E1
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.