The epitome of a “sidekick rapper” is Memphis Bleek, who once again will try to get out from under ol’ Hova’s shadow. Bleek’s latest, Get Ya Money Up, has the MC enlisting the production talents of well known hit makers Cool & Dre. Though Bleek bought a party-worthy beat, his flow is once again only chatter of hustling and street talk. While Dre lends a hand on the ultra-catchy hook, ultimately the Jay-Z‘s of the world are the only MC’s capable of the pulling off the aforementioned musical combination. Will Bleek ever achieve true stardom? To find out, tune in when his new album, The Process, is released later this year.
Written by Burmy on 09/11/07
Submit your Rating
Get Low/Mass Appeal/E1
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.