The epitome of a “sidekick rapper” is Memphis Bleek, who once again will try to get out from under ol’ Hova’s shadow. Bleek’s latest, Get Ya Money Up, has the MC enlisting the production talents of well known hit makers Cool & Dre. Though Bleek bought a party-worthy beat, his flow is once again only chatter of hustling and street talk. While Dre lends a hand on the ultra-catchy hook, ultimately the Jay-Z‘s of the world are the only MC’s capable of the pulling off the aforementioned musical combination. Will Bleek ever achieve true stardom? To find out, tune in when his new album, The Process, is released later this year.
Written by Burmy on 09/11/07
Submit your Rating
Get Low/Mass Appeal/E1
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.