The epitome of a “sidekick rapper” is Memphis Bleek, who once again will try to get out from under ol’ Hova’s shadow. Bleek’s latest, Get Ya Money Up, has the MC enlisting the production talents of well known hit makers Cool & Dre. Though Bleek bought a party-worthy beat, his flow is once again only chatter of hustling and street talk. While Dre lends a hand on the ultra-catchy hook, ultimately the Jay-Z‘s of the world are the only MC’s capable of the pulling off the aforementioned musical combination. Will Bleek ever achieve true stardom? To find out, tune in when his new album, The Process, is released later this year.
Written by Burmy on 09/11/07
Get Low/Mass Appeal/E1
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)