First things first: as much as it pains me to say it, the title of MeLo-X‘s latest Booth feature, Orgasmic Audio, is not to be taken literally – I’m pretty sure no hip-hop record is that good (if you’re aware of one, though, I’m all ears). Nonetheless, fans of underground smoothness should find this unreleased remix of the mixtape inclusion the perfect mood-setter. For this rendition of the cut, MeLo hands the production reins to Bay Area mainstay Too Short, who retains the original’s central sample (from soul singer Christopher Williams’ I’m Dreamin’) but energizes the headliner’s narcotically hazy groove with the help of head-noddable percussion, funk-guitar licks and old-school scratches. On the vocal tip, MeLo keeps things as silky as ever, lacing the beat with steamy flows and seductive melodies. Does this breezy musical dream leave you wishing you never had to wake up? While this remix isn’t set to appear on any forthcoming project, fans can find the original version of Orgasmic Audio and much more on MeLo-X’s Booth-sponsored More Merch EP, available on our mixtape page for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 01/24/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Is Forever" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.