First things first: as much as it pains me to say it, the title of MeLo-X‘s latest Booth feature, Orgasmic Audio, is not to be taken literally – I’m pretty sure no hip-hop record is that good (if you’re aware of one, though, I’m all ears). Nonetheless, fans of underground smoothness should find this unreleased remix of the mixtape inclusion the perfect mood-setter. For this rendition of the cut, MeLo hands the production reins to Bay Area mainstay Too Short, who retains the original’s central sample (from soul singer Christopher Williams’ I’m Dreamin’) but energizes the headliner’s narcotically hazy groove with the help of head-noddable percussion, funk-guitar licks and old-school scratches. On the vocal tip, MeLo keeps things as silky as ever, lacing the beat with steamy flows and seductive melodies. Does this breezy musical dream leave you wishing you never had to wake up? While this remix isn’t set to appear on any forthcoming project, fans can find the original version of Orgasmic Audio and much more on MeLo-X’s Booth-sponsored More Merch EP, available on our mixtape page for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 01/24/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Is Forever" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.