Somehow I doubt you took the time to appreciate the vocal skills of the nouveau-burlesque girl group the Pussycat Dolls, but if you had somehow managed to close your eyes and just listen, you would have noticed that the group’s best voice belonged to the aptly named Melody Thornton. Now striking out on her own, Melody’s looking to attract ears as well as eyes with her new single and first Booth feature Love Gun. In an interview Thornton insisted her music would rely more on her ‘60s musical influence than the Doll’s pop leanings, and true to her word she recruits retro master Cee-Lo for the instantly engaging production, complete with surf guitar lines, head-nodding bounce and, of course, the occasional gun shot. More importantly it’s Melody’s vocals, delivered in a powerful but distinctly original style, that truly make Gun the explosive force it is. There’s no doubting the girl can sing. If you’re finding yourself struck by the force of Love Gun you might want to take cover before Melody unleashes the power of her full sonic artillery on her forthcoming untitled and unscheduled album.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/13/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.