Like many other curious drinkers, MeLo-X probably picked up his first bottle of Sweet B*tch Merlot based on its attention-grabbing moniker. After trying his first sip, however, the Booth-acclaimed rapper/producer was hooked on its flavor. Like the B.K. repper’s favorite wine, this freshly-released EP single is sweet, refreshing and smooth in texture. Jesse Futreman handles production, crafting a hazy, horn-laced backdrop for the headliner’s intricate bars. The Martian Project direct the joint’s official visuals, shot in Brooklyn’s East Flatbush neighborhood. Featuring this cut, the reader-approved God Magic and much more, MeLo’s GOD:LoFi EP is available now online. Click here to stream the set for free via Soundcloud.
Written by richard on 04/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Is Forever" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.