Like many other curious drinkers, MeLo-X probably picked up his first bottle of Sweet B*tch Merlot based on its attention-grabbing moniker. After trying his first sip, however, the Booth-acclaimed rapper/producer was hooked on its flavor. Like the B.K. repper’s favorite wine, this freshly-released EP single is sweet, refreshing and smooth in texture. Jesse Futreman handles production, crafting a hazy, horn-laced backdrop for the headliner’s intricate bars. The Martian Project direct the joint’s official visuals, shot in Brooklyn’s East Flatbush neighborhood. Featuring this cut, the reader-approved God Magic and much more, MeLo’s GOD:LoFi EP is available now online. Click here to stream the set for free via Soundcloud.
Written by richard on 04/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Is Forever" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.