MeLo-X may be on the pathway to success now, but his future wasn’t always so secure. When he first decided to pursue music as a career, the Brooklyn rapper/producer wasn’t sure whether the decision would land him a cushy recording contract or a place in the unemployment line. On his latest single, the follow-up to last week’s reader-approved Finer Things, MeLo reflects on the distance he’s come since that initial leap of faith: ”Everything comes around: back in the day after shows I got daps and pounds / Now I’m out in London, and after shows they pay me in pounds.” As a testament to his growing global profile, he enlists a guest from the other side of the Atlantic; London buzzmaker Little Simz lends her rapid-fire flows to the record’s final verse. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for further news and tunes leading up to the as yet-unscheduled release of MeLo-X’s GOD: WiFi.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Is Forever" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. A$AP Ferg - Lac Lac
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Lupe Fiasco x Ab-Soul - Thorns & Horns
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.