MeLo-X may be on the pathway to success now, but his future wasn’t always so secure. When he first decided to pursue music as a career, the Brooklyn rapper/producer wasn’t sure whether the decision would land him a cushy recording contract or a place in the unemployment line. On his latest single, the follow-up to last week’s reader-approved Finer Things, MeLo reflects on the distance he’s come since that initial leap of faith: ”Everything comes around: back in the day after shows I got daps and pounds / Now I’m out in London, and after shows they pay me in pounds.” As a testament to his growing global profile, he enlists a guest from the other side of the Atlantic; London buzzmaker Little Simz lends her rapid-fire flows to the record’s final verse. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for further news and tunes leading up to the as yet-unscheduled release of MeLo-X’s GOD: WiFi.
Written by richard on 09/8/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Is Forever" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.