MeLo-X may be on the pathway to success now, but his future wasn’t always so secure. When he first decided to pursue music as a career, the Brooklyn rapper/producer wasn’t sure whether the decision would land him a cushy recording contract or a place in the unemployment line. On his latest single, the follow-up to last week’s reader-approved Finer Things, MeLo reflects on the distance he’s come since that initial leap of faith: ”Everything comes around: back in the day after shows I got daps and pounds / Now I’m out in London, and after shows they pay me in pounds.” As a testament to his growing global profile, he enlists a guest from the other side of the Atlantic; London buzzmaker Little Simz lends her rapid-fire flows to the record’s final verse. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for further news and tunes leading up to the as yet-unscheduled release of MeLo-X’s GOD: WiFi.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Is Forever" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.