MeLo-X may be on the pathway to success now, but his future wasn’t always so secure. When he first decided to pursue music as a career, the Brooklyn rapper/producer wasn’t sure whether the decision would land him a cushy recording contract or a place in the unemployment line. On his latest single, the follow-up to last week’s reader-approved Finer Things, MeLo reflects on the distance he’s come since that initial leap of faith: ”Everything comes around: back in the day after shows I got daps and pounds / Now I’m out in London, and after shows they pay me in pounds.” As a testament to his growing global profile, he enlists a guest from the other side of the Atlantic; London buzzmaker Little Simz lends her rapid-fire flows to the record’s final verse. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for further news and tunes leading up to the as yet-unscheduled release of MeLo-X’s GOD: WiFi.
Written by richard on 09/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Is Forever" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)