MeLo-X may be on the pathway to success now, but his future wasn’t always so secure. When he first decided to pursue music as a career, the Brooklyn rapper/producer wasn’t sure whether the decision would land him a cushy recording contract or a place in the unemployment line. On his latest single, the follow-up to last week’s reader-approved Finer Things, MeLo reflects on the distance he’s come since that initial leap of faith: ”Everything comes around: back in the day after shows I got daps and pounds / Now I’m out in London, and after shows they pay me in pounds.” As a testament to his growing global profile, he enlists a guest from the other side of the Atlantic; London buzzmaker Little Simz lends her rapid-fire flows to the record’s final verse. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked for further news and tunes leading up to the as yet-unscheduled release of MeLo-X’s GOD: WiFi.
Written by richard on 09/8/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Is Forever" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.