Don’t press play just yet, Booth readers; after giving MeLo-X‘s latest video single a spin, I’m not sure y’all can Handle It. Granted, my writing will only make you more anxious to take a look… but don’t say I didn’t warn you. Australian beatsmith M-Phazes handles production duties on this stylish bedroom burner, layering mood-setting keys over a languid rhythm section. Over the mellow instrumental, the Brooklyn representative spits interstellar game to a lucky woman, exhibiting an agile flow and a nonchalant, self-assured vocal presence. Director Paul Jung‘s mesmerizing visuals incorporate references to Jean-Luc Godard’s Alphaville and other classics of the French New Wave. Featuring Handle It and many more innovative bangers, MeLo-X’s GOD:LoFi EP is currently available for stream and download. As always, fans can keep their browsers locked for further news and song releases.
Written by richard on 07/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Is Forever" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.