Don’t press play just yet, Booth readers; after giving MeLo-X‘s latest video single a spin, I’m not sure y’all can Handle It. Granted, my writing will only make you more anxious to take a look… but don’t say I didn’t warn you. Australian beatsmith M-Phazes handles production duties on this stylish bedroom burner, layering mood-setting keys over a languid rhythm section. Over the mellow instrumental, the Brooklyn representative spits interstellar game to a lucky woman, exhibiting an agile flow and a nonchalant, self-assured vocal presence. Director Paul Jung‘s mesmerizing visuals incorporate references to Jean-Luc Godard’s Alphaville and other classics of the French New Wave. Featuring Handle It and many more innovative bangers, MeLo-X’s GOD:LoFi EP is currently available for stream and download. As always, fans can keep their browsers locked for further news and song releases.
Written by richard on 07/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Is Forever" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.