It’s been a minute since last we heard from MeLo-X; though November 2012 saw the B.K. rapper/producer contribute guest bars to Fresh Daily‘s Submarine Bass Face, he hasn’t stepped into the Booth with a solo feature since way back in January 2011. Today, he makes his long-awaited return to our pages with EP single God Magic. Backed by Phoenix and REO‘s laid-back organ/percussion grooves, the Flatbush resident rhymes about the importance of paying dues and looking inside oneself for guidance. Feeling it? This contemplative banger is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on MeLo’s forthcoming EP, GOD:LoFi, scheduled to drop at a yet-unspecified date in the near future.
Written by richard on 03/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Is Forever" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.