It’s been a minute since last we heard from MeLo-X; though November 2012 saw the B.K. rapper/producer contribute guest bars to Fresh Daily‘s Submarine Bass Face, he hasn’t stepped into the Booth with a solo feature since way back in January 2011. Today, he makes his long-awaited return to our pages with EP single God Magic. Backed by Phoenix and REO‘s laid-back organ/percussion grooves, the Flatbush resident rhymes about the importance of paying dues and looking inside oneself for guidance. Feeling it? This contemplative banger is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on MeLo’s forthcoming EP, GOD:LoFi, scheduled to drop at a yet-unspecified date in the near future.
Written by richard on 03/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Is Forever" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.