Through decades of evolution, occasional revolutions, and plenty of weird and wild tangents, hip-hop has remained fundamentally linked to the celebration of black culture. But don’t take it from me – take it from MeLo-X, who teams up with two fellow members of the urban-music avant-garde to pay tribute to their roots on unreleased cut She Is Forever. Though this is the rapper/producer’s first feature, his jittery, synth-drenched boardwork has an ambient, spacey feel that will ring familiar to fans of his collaborators, I Want You emcee Theophilus London and hookman Jesse Boykins III. MeLo and Theo turn in verses as vivid and inspiring as you’d expect, probing beneath the surface to deliver rhymes sure to uplift music-lovers of any skin tone: “It’s sorta religious, my color is so vivid / It live within my soul and travel through my spirit….” Craving more motivational poetry and left-of-center beats? While She Is Forever isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for the latest from all three collaborators.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rapity Rap" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.