Through decades of evolution, occasional revolutions, and plenty of weird and wild tangents, hip-hop has remained fundamentally linked to the celebration of black culture. But don’t take it from me – take it from MeLo-X, who teams up with two fellow members of the urban-music avant-garde to pay tribute to their roots on unreleased cut She Is Forever. Though this is the rapper/producer’s first feature, his jittery, synth-drenched boardwork has an ambient, spacey feel that will ring familiar to fans of his collaborators, I Want You emcee Theophilus London and hookman Jesse Boykins III. MeLo and Theo turn in verses as vivid and inspiring as you’d expect, probing beneath the surface to deliver rhymes sure to uplift music-lovers of any skin tone: “It’s sorta religious, my color is so vivid / It live within my soul and travel through my spirit….” Craving more motivational poetry and left-of-center beats? While She Is Forever isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans can keep it locked to the Booth for the latest from all three collaborators.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rapity Rap" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.