Some members of hip-hop’s latest generation have an agonizing, love-hate relationship with their success. Hodgy Beats and Left Brain of Mellowhype, on the other hand, are having the time of their f**king lives. On their Booth debut, album inclusion Astro, the duo team up with Odd Future‘s breakout star to offer a counterbalance to peers in the game who’ve been “takin’ life too serious.” Frank Ocean‘s guest hook (“Think I’ma wear the yellow tux at the Grammys / And rock out with my c**k out…”) sets the mood for this upbeat jam, which finds the duo reveling in the fruits of their labors over Hodgy’s own minimal, yet anthemic synth production. Craving more? You don’t have long to wait—Numbers is scheduled to hit iTunes tomorrow, October 9, for digital purchase.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.