While a WoodysProduce-helmed remix of Canon Ourania inclusion Daphne hit our front page at the top of January, reader-approved alt-R&B buzzmaker Mélat‘s last original feature came back in December. Today, she somewhat belatedly rings in the new year with Golden, a brand new promo cut created in collaboration with producer Jansport J. While this record’s smooth, relaxed vibe and romantic themes will be familiar to fans of the singer, it lacks the spacey, ethereal feel of many of her previous singles. Instead, it has a more down-to-earth, comfortable feel, thanks to Jansport’s beat, which is built around scatted vocals and a leisurely rhythm section. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned. Neither Mélat nor Jansport have unveiled details on any forthcoming projects, but we’ll keep you posted on both collaborators’ plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/21/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.