While a WoodysProduce-helmed remix of Canon Ourania inclusion Daphne hit our front page at the top of January, reader-approved alt-R&B buzzmaker Mélat‘s last original feature came back in December. Today, she somewhat belatedly rings in the new year with Golden, a brand new promo cut created in collaboration with producer Jansport J. While this record’s smooth, relaxed vibe and romantic themes will be familiar to fans of the singer, it lacks the spacey, ethereal feel of many of her previous singles. Instead, it has a more down-to-earth, comfortable feel, thanks to Jansport’s beat, which is built around scatted vocals and a leisurely rhythm section. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned. Neither Mélat nor Jansport have unveiled details on any forthcoming projects, but we’ll keep you posted on both collaborators’ plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/21/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)