While a WoodysProduce-helmed remix of Canon Ourania inclusion Daphne hit our front page at the top of January, reader-approved alt-R&B buzzmaker Mélat‘s last original feature came back in December. Today, she somewhat belatedly rings in the new year with Golden, a brand new promo cut created in collaboration with producer Jansport J. While this record’s smooth, relaxed vibe and romantic themes will be familiar to fans of the singer, it lacks the spacey, ethereal feel of many of her previous singles. Instead, it has a more down-to-earth, comfortable feel, thanks to Jansport’s beat, which is built around scatted vocals and a leisurely rhythm section. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned. Neither Mélat nor Jansport have unveiled details on any forthcoming projects, but we’ll keep you posted on both collaborators’ plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/21/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.