While a WoodysProduce-helmed remix of Canon Ourania inclusion Daphne hit our front page at the top of January, reader-approved alt-R&B buzzmaker Mélat‘s last original feature came back in December. Today, she somewhat belatedly rings in the new year with Golden, a brand new promo cut created in collaboration with producer Jansport J. While this record’s smooth, relaxed vibe and romantic themes will be familiar to fans of the singer, it lacks the spacey, ethereal feel of many of her previous singles. Instead, it has a more down-to-earth, comfortable feel, thanks to Jansport’s beat, which is built around scatted vocals and a leisurely rhythm section. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned. Neither Mélat nor Jansport have unveiled details on any forthcoming projects, but we’ll keep you posted on both collaborators’ plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/21/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.