While a WoodysProduce-helmed remix of Canon Ourania inclusion Daphne hit our front page at the top of January, reader-approved alt-R&B buzzmaker Mélat‘s last original feature came back in December. Today, she somewhat belatedly rings in the new year with Golden, a brand new promo cut created in collaboration with producer Jansport J. While this record’s smooth, relaxed vibe and romantic themes will be familiar to fans of the singer, it lacks the spacey, ethereal feel of many of her previous singles. Instead, it has a more down-to-earth, comfortable feel, thanks to Jansport’s beat, which is built around scatted vocals and a leisurely rhythm section. Like what you’re hearing? Then stay tuned. Neither Mélat nor Jansport have unveiled details on any forthcoming projects, but we’ll keep you posted on both collaborators’ plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/21/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.