I’m not a superstitious person but, when something big is on the line, I’m not above tossing a penny or two into a nearby fountain. Sometimes, you simply need all the help you can get. Mélat knows what I’m talking about. On her latest single, the follow-up to mid-May’s reader-acclaimed Move Me, the Austin singer/songwriter makes a hefty donation to a Wishing Well, in hopes that it will improve her chances with a certain man. Will it be worth it? As she puts it over Pha the Phenom‘s reverberant beat, a minimal affair built around a cavernous rhythm section and slowly descending piano line, “Only time will tell…” This stripped-down joint could hardly be more different in mood from its infectious, high-energy predecessor—will it receive the same amount of love from Booth readers? Guess I, like Mélat, will simply have to wait and see. If you like what you’re hearing, more fresh tunes await on the artist’s recently-released Canon Aphaea tape, out now via her official site.
Written by richard on 07/1/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.