I’m not a superstitious person but, when something big is on the line, I’m not above tossing a penny or two into a nearby fountain. Sometimes, you simply need all the help you can get. Mélat knows what I’m talking about. On her latest single, the follow-up to mid-May’s reader-acclaimed Move Me, the Austin singer/songwriter makes a hefty donation to a Wishing Well, in hopes that it will improve her chances with a certain man. Will it be worth it? As she puts it over Pha the Phenom‘s reverberant beat, a minimal affair built around a cavernous rhythm section and slowly descending piano line, “Only time will tell…” This stripped-down joint could hardly be more different in mood from its infectious, high-energy predecessor—will it receive the same amount of love from Booth readers? Guess I, like Mélat, will simply have to wait and see. If you like what you’re hearing, more fresh tunes await on the artist’s recently-released Canon Aphaea tape, out now via her official site.
Written by richard on 07/1/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.