I’m not a superstitious person but, when something big is on the line, I’m not above tossing a penny or two into a nearby fountain. Sometimes, you simply need all the help you can get. Mélat knows what I’m talking about. On her latest single, the follow-up to mid-May’s reader-acclaimed Move Me, the Austin singer/songwriter makes a hefty donation to a Wishing Well, in hopes that it will improve her chances with a certain man. Will it be worth it? As she puts it over Pha the Phenom‘s reverberant beat, a minimal affair built around a cavernous rhythm section and slowly descending piano line, “Only time will tell…” This stripped-down joint could hardly be more different in mood from its infectious, high-energy predecessor—will it receive the same amount of love from Booth readers? Guess I, like Mélat, will simply have to wait and see. If you like what you’re hearing, more fresh tunes await on the artist’s recently-released Canon Aphaea tape, out now via her official site.
Written by richard on 07/1/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.