In some strains of esoteric thought, the “Thirdeye” located between and slightly above your eyebrows is intimately linked to mystical knowledge. I’m not enlightened enough to tell you any more on the subject, but seekers of arcane wisdom may be able to learn a thing or two from singer/songwriter Mélat‘s latest single selection. Here, Pha the Phenom‘s sultry synth/fingersnap grooves set the stage for verses that blur the line between the spiritual and the erotic. The official visuals, crafted by a currently-unknown director, enhance the record’s enigmatic vibe. Thirdeye is the opening track on the CMSC signee’s acclaimed Canon Ourania: The Illumination EP, released in fall of 2013 and available for free streaming and download via the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/26/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)