In some strains of esoteric thought, the “Thirdeye” located between and slightly above your eyebrows is intimately linked to mystical knowledge. I’m not enlightened enough to tell you any more on the subject, but seekers of arcane wisdom may be able to learn a thing or two from singer/songwriter Mélat‘s latest single selection. Here, Pha the Phenom‘s sultry synth/fingersnap grooves set the stage for verses that blur the line between the spiritual and the erotic. The official visuals, crafted by a currently-unknown director, enhance the record’s enigmatic vibe. Thirdeye is the opening track on the CMSC signee’s acclaimed Canon Ourania: The Illumination EP, released in fall of 2013 and available for free streaming and download via the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/26/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.