In some strains of esoteric thought, the “Thirdeye” located between and slightly above your eyebrows is intimately linked to mystical knowledge. I’m not enlightened enough to tell you any more on the subject, but seekers of arcane wisdom may be able to learn a thing or two from singer/songwriter Mélat‘s latest single selection. Here, Pha the Phenom‘s sultry synth/fingersnap grooves set the stage for verses that blur the line between the spiritual and the erotic. The official visuals, crafted by a currently-unknown director, enhance the record’s enigmatic vibe. Thirdeye is the opening track on the CMSC signee’s acclaimed Canon Ourania: The Illumination EP, released in fall of 2013 and available for free streaming and download via the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/26/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.