In some strains of esoteric thought, the “Thirdeye” located between and slightly above your eyebrows is intimately linked to mystical knowledge. I’m not enlightened enough to tell you any more on the subject, but seekers of arcane wisdom may be able to learn a thing or two from singer/songwriter Mélat‘s latest single selection. Here, Pha the Phenom‘s sultry synth/fingersnap grooves set the stage for verses that blur the line between the spiritual and the erotic. The official visuals, crafted by a currently-unknown director, enhance the record’s enigmatic vibe. Thirdeye is the opening track on the CMSC signee’s acclaimed Canon Ourania: The Illumination EP, released in fall of 2013 and available for free streaming and download via the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/26/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.