In some strains of esoteric thought, the “Thirdeye” located between and slightly above your eyebrows is intimately linked to mystical knowledge. I’m not enlightened enough to tell you any more on the subject, but seekers of arcane wisdom may be able to learn a thing or two from singer/songwriter Mélat‘s latest single selection. Here, Pha the Phenom‘s sultry synth/fingersnap grooves set the stage for verses that blur the line between the spiritual and the erotic. The official visuals, crafted by a currently-unknown director, enhance the record’s enigmatic vibe. Thirdeye is the opening track on the CMSC signee’s acclaimed Canon Ourania: The Illumination EP, released in fall of 2013 and available for free streaming and download via the Booth.
Written by richard on 03/26/14
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.