A Titan who stole fire from the Greek gods and gave it to the people, thereby paving the way for human civilization, Prometheus is a shining example of what one can accomplish when one follows one’s dreams in defiance of the powers that be. Or he would be, if he hadn’t ended up as eagle chow. We can only hope that Mélat and her reader-approved guest don’t end up in a similarly painful predicament, thanks to the ambition they exhibit on new single The Prometheus Interlude. Those familiar with the unsigned singer/songwriter won’t be surprised to find that this joint is the smoothest thing since silk bedsheets, both vocally and instrumentally. Pha the Phenom‘s mood-setting synth boardwork burns in the back as Mélat showcases her shimmering vocal harmonies. Visionary Music Group signee QuEST, a fellow Booth regular, delivers a determined middle verse. For this cut, the previously-featured Daphne and much more, check out the headliner’s Canon Ourania: The Illumination EP when it drops digitally November 26.
Written by richard on 11/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.