A Titan who stole fire from the Greek gods and gave it to the people, thereby paving the way for human civilization, Prometheus is a shining example of what one can accomplish when one follows one’s dreams in defiance of the powers that be. Or he would be, if he hadn’t ended up as eagle chow. We can only hope that Mélat and her reader-approved guest don’t end up in a similarly painful predicament, thanks to the ambition they exhibit on new single The Prometheus Interlude. Those familiar with the unsigned singer/songwriter won’t be surprised to find that this joint is the smoothest thing since silk bedsheets, both vocally and instrumentally. Pha the Phenom‘s mood-setting synth boardwork burns in the back as Mélat showcases her shimmering vocal harmonies. Visionary Music Group signee QuEST, a fellow Booth regular, delivers a determined middle verse. For this cut, the previously-featured Daphne and much more, check out the headliner’s Canon Ourania: The Illumination EP when it drops digitally November 26.
Written by richard on 11/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.