A Titan who stole fire from the Greek gods and gave it to the people, thereby paving the way for human civilization, Prometheus is a shining example of what one can accomplish when one follows one’s dreams in defiance of the powers that be. Or he would be, if he hadn’t ended up as eagle chow. We can only hope that Mélat and her reader-approved guest don’t end up in a similarly painful predicament, thanks to the ambition they exhibit on new single The Prometheus Interlude. Those familiar with the unsigned singer/songwriter won’t be surprised to find that this joint is the smoothest thing since silk bedsheets, both vocally and instrumentally. Pha the Phenom‘s mood-setting synth boardwork burns in the back as Mélat showcases her shimmering vocal harmonies. Visionary Music Group signee QuEST, a fellow Booth regular, delivers a determined middle verse. For this cut, the previously-featured Daphne and much more, check out the headliner’s Canon Ourania: The Illumination EP when it drops digitally November 26.
Written by richard on 11/21/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.