“Why be a fool to love one too many times?” It’s tough to answer such a rhetorical question while consoling a friend, especially followed by “I fell in love and now I found never” (as in never falling in love again). The best of luck to all of Mélat‘s close friends, because I would be just as determined to shirk all chances at love after hearing that disappointing conclusion. For her new single, the purposely misspelled nevr, the Austin singer/songwriter shares a kind of breakup that sticks with you forever in a negative way. All is not lost, though, thanks to the harpsichord used by producer WoodysProduce that gives the song a liberating feeling. I guess she’ll hold on to the love of her music, which might be more than enough for her. nevr is part of Mélat’s currently running Side B Series.
Written by Bryan H on 05/8/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.