“Why be a fool to love one too many times?” It’s tough to answer such a rhetorical question while consoling a friend, especially followed by “I fell in love and now I found never” (as in never falling in love again). The best of luck to all of Mélat‘s close friends, because I would be just as determined to shirk all chances at love after hearing that disappointing conclusion. For her new single, the purposely misspelled nevr, the Austin singer/songwriter shares a kind of breakup that sticks with you forever in a negative way. All is not lost, though, thanks to the harpsichord used by producer WoodysProduce that gives the song a liberating feeling. I guess she’ll hold on to the love of her music, which might be more than enough for her. nevr is part of Mélat’s currently running Side B Series.
Written by Bryan H on 05/8/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.