“Why be a fool to love one too many times?” It’s tough to answer such a rhetorical question while consoling a friend, especially followed by “I fell in love and now I found never” (as in never falling in love again). The best of luck to all of Mélat‘s close friends, because I would be just as determined to shirk all chances at love after hearing that disappointing conclusion. For her new single, the purposely misspelled nevr, the Austin singer/songwriter shares a kind of breakup that sticks with you forever in a negative way. All is not lost, though, thanks to the harpsichord used by producer WoodysProduce that gives the song a liberating feeling. I guess she’ll hold on to the love of her music, which might be more than enough for her. nevr is part of Mélat’s currently running Side B Series.
Written by Bryan H on 05/8/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)