Over the last few months, rising R&B songstress Mélat has been keeping her fans in the Booth and beyond entertained with a string of fresh loosies. Today, the Side B series reaches its thrilling conclusion with the release of Love So High. Frequent collaborator Pha The Phenom once again handles production duties, mixing pitch-shifted vocal samples and languid percussion to create an aurally adventurous, yet soothing backdrop for heartfelt verses dedicated to a man in Mélat’s life. Didn’t catch the first three Side B release? You’re in luck; the artist’s bundled together all four cuts as a freely downloadable EP, available now on her official site.
Written by richard on 06/26/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.