On her last feature, July’s Wishing Well, alt-R&B up-and-comer Mélat departed from the catchy, energetic style of her Booth debut to craft a quiet ballad suffused with romantic longing. The Austin-based singer’s latest EP single, Daphne, continues down the latter path, but features a menacing overtone not present in its predecessor. Producer Pha the Phenom‘s ominous strings and synths set the mood as Mélat tells the story of a woman whose headstrong behavior ultimately cost her her soul. Her lyrics are often cryptic, but her expressive vocals drive home the record’s haunting vibe. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; Canon Ourania: The Illumination currently lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/7/13
Alt-R&B buzzmaker Mélat has released her new latest body of work, the Canon Ourania: The Illumination EP. The project packs a total of eight original jams from the Austin, TX songstress, among them is reader-approved single...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.